The Church of the Nazarene is a Protestant Christian church in the Wesleyan-Holiness tradition, tracing its roots to an anniversary date of 1908. It was founded to spread the message of scriptural holiness (Christlike living) across the lands. Today the Church of the Nazarene is located in 159 world areas.
The Church of the Nazarene is a Great Commission church. Our mission is to make Christlike disciples in the nations. We believe that God offers to everyone forgiveness, peace, joy, purpose, love, meaning in life, and the promise of heaven when life is over by entering and experiencing a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ. We are called to take this message to people everywhere.
The Church of the Nazarene is also a holiness church. We believe that Christians can experience a deeper level of life in which there is victory over sin, power to witness and serve, and a richer fellowship with God, all through the infilling of the Holy Spirit.
What we believe:
- We believe in one God: The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible, both Old and New Testament were inspired by God, and contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that everyone is born with a sinful nature
- We believe that those who do not turn from their sin are eternally lost
- We believe that Jesus Christ died for everyone and anyone who repents and places their faith in Him is saved.
- We believe that believers are called by God to live a holy life and are empowered to do so by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that Jesus is coming back again and will judge both the living and the dead.